Advanced Photon Source Users Organization (APSUO)
The APSUO steering committee is responsible for advising the APS Associate Laboratory Director in the following areas:
- The Organization will serve as an advocacy group for the Facility and its user community.
- The Organization will provide advice to the ALD on matters affecting the user community.
- The Organization will assure good communication between the APS user community and the APS management.
THE APS ELECTION IS NOW CLOSED - Congratulations to new APSUO steering committee members:
CNM Users Executive Committee (UEC) Elections
The CNM Users Executive Committee (UEC) serves as an advocacy group for the Center for Nanoscale Materials and its user community, provides advice to the Director on matters affecting the user community, and ensures good communication between the CNM user community and CNM management. The CNM UEC is also responsible for organizing the scientific content of the annual Users Meetings. In conjuction with the 2011 CNM Users Meeting, two new representatives are being elected to replace two members whose terms are expiring. Online voting began two weeks prior to the meeting and closed at 5:00 pm CST on Sunday, May 1. Only CNM users with an active site badge were eligible to vote. The results were announced during the CNM Plenary Session of the APS/CNM/EMC Users Meeting on May 2.
- Steven May, Drexel University
- Conal Murray, IBM Research